Effective Date: 20th April 2019
ChecOut is an integrated, portable Point-of-Sale (POS) management system that comprises the ChecOut hardware, software, website, website dashboard, and other applications and tools (the ChecOut “Service”), manufactured, owned, and sold by Innowi, Inc. The ChecOut Service allows a customer using our Services (the “Merchant”) to accept credit card payments from their customers at any location. The charged payment is then transferred to the Merchant’s bank account.
We may collect Personal Information from Merchant’s Customers when they interact with our Service, for example when Merchant’s Customers complete a transaction, choose to receive emails, text receipts, or other communications from Innowi. Standard message and data rates may apply.
To improve our Services or for any other lawful purpose, we may also obtain information, including Personal Information, from public sources or from third-parties. We may combine this information with the Personal Information collected from you.
- Types of Information Collected
- Visitors to this Site;
- Information, including Personal Information which you provide to register a ChecOut Account as a Merchant;
Merchant’s Customers or Employees who interact with our Service.
- Personal Information Collected through this Site
Personal Information is collected when you visit our Site, create an account, communicate with our customer service, subscribe to emails, or otherwise request information about our Service. The information we collect may include your name, email address, or phone number.
- Personal Information Collected through our Service
When you sign up for our Services we may collect the following information which may include: your name, address, birth date, government-identification-number, tax identification number, business license, banking details, payment processing details, and other information.
We may collect Personal Information from a Merchant’s Employees, this may include information connected with the Merchant’s Employees’ use of our Services, such as their name, address, birthdate, wage rates, salaries, hours worked.
We may also collect Personal Information from a Merchant’s Customers who have made a purchase from a Merchant using our Service. We may receive such information directly through our Service or through the Merchant. The information collected from Merchant’s Customers may include the Customers’ name, last four digits of the credit card number, transaction details such as amount of goods or services ordered/payment method/amount of payment, email address, and/or phone number.
- Personal Information Collected from Publicly Available, Third-Party Sources
We may also collect information about you whether you are a visitor to our site, a Merchant, Merchant’s Employee, or Merchant’s Customer, from publicly available, third-party sources or from our business partners. Such information may include contact/mailing list providers, information from credit card companies or banks, credit bureaus (if relevant), identity verification services, and business partners with whom Innowi has a business relationship.
- How We Use Personal Information
The following are the ways in which we may use your Personal Information:
- To provide, improve, maintain, test, and operate our Services, including to process transactions, compile transaction data, create Merchant order histories and profiles, create documentation, training manuals, and related professional services;
- To secure and protect our network, system and services by implementing measures that ensure that Merchants are limited in their access and viewing rights to our Service only as authorized. This may further involve accessing log information to resolve issues involving unauthorized use;
- To create, produce, deliver, and publish analytics compiled from sales transactions, including between Innowi and Merchants, and between Merchants and their Customers;
- To fulfil any contractual, legal, ethical, or moral obligation, including in response to any requests for information from government institutions, public bodies, or other such entity;
- For marketing purposes. We may contact you directly for information via email or engage a third-party to do so. We may send you marketing or promotional information, request you to complete surveys, or provide feedback. We may ask you to subscribe to our newsletter and we will use your Personal Information to send you the newsletter via email. If you do not wish to receive marketing or promotional emails from us, you may unsubscribe by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each message.
- For sending digital receipts. Whilst using our Services, you may choose to receive digital receipts or other communications from Innowi, Merchants, or Innowi’s business partners via text message or email. Standard message and data rates may apply.
- How we Share your Information
- Who we share your information with
We may share your Personal Information with the following parties:
- Where applicable, our parent, subsidiary, or affiliate companies, including our agents and/or business partners;
- With third-parties such as hosting and database providers, payment processors, identity verification services, mail/e-mail/text messaging services, analytics providers, customer support services, user data management services, product delivery services, marketing research services, survey service providers.
- With relevant third-parties in the event of a merger or acquisition, divesture, sale of company stock or assets, financing deal, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business.
- With relevant third-parties if we believe sharing of Personal Information is necessary to: (a) protect our rights, property, security, or integrity of Services; (b) to enforce the terms of the General Terms of Service or other applicable agreements and/or policies; (c) to protect us and the users of our Service from harm or any illegal activity; (d) to investigate, prevent, detect, and resolve security breaches; and/or (e) to comply with applicable laws, rules, regulations, legal processes, or government requests.
- Other types of information we may share
We may also share aggregated, anonymized, impersonal information that does not directly identify you. Such information may include device information or information derived from cookies or log files.
- How long we retain your Personal information
We may retain your Personal Information as long as reasonably necessary to provide our Services or to comply with any applicable laws. The reasons behind retaining your Personal Information generally include: (a) compliance with laws, regulations, government requests, or legal processes; (b) prevention of fraud; (c) collection of fees; (d) dispute resolution; (e) addressing bugs, errors, or other problems with our Service; (f) assisting with investigations; (g) enforcing the General Terms of Service; (h) any other purpose consistent with the applicable laws.
- Accessing and Changing your Personal Information
If you are a Merchant with a registered ChecOut Account, you may access, change, edit, or correct your personal information by logging into your Account.
If you are a Merchant’s Customer you may contact us at email@example.com if you believe we have information about you that must be corrected or changed. We may require verification of your identity before we can make the requested changes.
However, we may not be able to change your information if it has been archived or if any reasonable restrictions, including applicable laws, prevent us from doing so.
- Do Not Track
- Cookies Policy
Please visit this link to view our Cookies Policy.
- Compliance with State Laws and Privacy Rights
Laws of the State of California permit California residents to request certain details about their information which we disclose to third-parties for marketing purposes. In case you are a California resident and would like us to disclose this information to you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Security Policies
Though Innowi implements all reasonable commercial, administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to ensure the security of your Personal Information and other data we cannot guarantee that all internet, text based, or email transmissions and transactions are fully secure and protected from loss, unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or unlawful disclosure, theft, misuse, or exploitation. We request that you take special care in deciding what information you share and make publicly available.
- Links to Third-Party Services
- Our use of Publicly Available Information
We do not target our Services to children under the age of Thirteen (13), neither do we knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of Thirteen (13). Should it come to your knowledge that a child under the age of Thirteen (13) has provided us Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com and we will make all reasonable efforts to delete such information.